It was an honour to be a part of LEWMAC walk number three in loving memory of Lewis Mike McPherson who was killed on New Years Eve 2012.
The beach, family and friends offers comfort and peace to Lewis' family and they wanted to extend this to anyone else affected by loss.
The instructions for the day were clear...
- Wear something yellow (or your special colour of love)
- We are walking from Brighton Jetty to Glenelg Jetty and back
- Meet at 8.45am, ready for a 9.00am departure
- We will have coffee / drink break at Moseley Square (bring some $$$to buy something)
- Depart Glenelg around 11am to walk back to Brighton
- Perhaps you might like to stay longer and join us for a beer at the ESPY
- Remember a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water
Donations were taken and all monies raised went to organisations involved in protecting and educating our youth.