With so many confusing messages around weight, food and health and with many adults struggling with their own body esteem it can be difficult for parents to know how to support their child as they move through adolescence.
Join the Butterfly Foundation for a relaxed and informative seminar for carers of primary and secondary age children to give knowledge, information and tips to help you better understand and promote positive body image in the home.
The seminar is free to attend but bookings are required. Click here to register.
Topics covered include:
- Background on body image and the importance of prevention
- Key influences on body confidence, including social media
- Importance of role modelling positive body image and healthy behaviours
- Reducing appearance based talk and handling 'stuff' they say
- Awareness around behaviours that increase or decrease body satisfaction
- Referral and support information
Funded by the City of Marion Youth Development Grants Programs
287 Diagonal Rd
Oaklands Park, SA 5046
Google map and directions