Fantastic news for our local community as Hamilton Secondary College receives a $9 million upgrade as part of the Marshall Government's $66 million investment into South Australian schools.
What can we expect from the upgrade?
- A new performing arts building encompassing a 150-seat theatre, two music general learning areas, music practice rooms, a new canteen area
- A multipurpose learning and performance space incorporating a full-dome planetarium.
- Major refurbishment of the old music and drama building into contemporary flexible learning areas.
- Refurbishment of the resource centre to create a senior school space which will open to a new plaza and link to the new performing arts building.
- Minor refurbishment of two home economic buildings.
- Installation of heating and insulation in the gymnasium.
- Air conditioning and acoustic upgrades to a building.
- Upgrade of the school frontage facing Marion Road for street presence, including way finding and sign upgrades.
- Demolition of ageing infrastructure.
Do you like this post?